As a follow up to my post on sermon prep, I thought I’d share some of the works that have been the most influential to my preaching approach and style, after the Bible, of course.
1. Preaching From the Soul, Ellsworth Kalas
2. Preaching in the Spirit, Dennis Kinlaw
3. Power Through Prayer, E. M. Bounds
4. Preaching Without Notes, Joseph Webb
5. Unleashing the Word, Adam Hamilton
After these, I would have to say that works on biblical studies, theology, spiritual/discipleship formation, and prayer would be the most influential–works that shape me as a person in Christ.